Partial or Uni knee replacement is a surgery done in patients having single compartment disease of the knee. Our knee is made up of 3 compartments, usually arthritis(damage of the cartilage) starts in single compartment which gradually spreads to other compartments with time. In partial knee replacement we resurface the affected compartment with metallic implant thus curing the pain of the patient.
1. It is a minimally invasive surgery, thus patient have a very speedy recovery.
2. This surgery is unique as in this surgery all four important ligament of the knee is preserved which provide natural stability to the knee. Thus patient had a very natural feel in the knees after this surgery.
3. Patient can avoid much bigger surgery such as total knee replacement if this is done in time.
4. Range of movement of knee is excellent and level of activity is good after this surgery compared to total knee replacement.
5. Revision to total knee if required is much easier in this compared to other corrective osteotomies. called a prosthesis.
1. Early arthritis
2. Lesser deformity around knee
3. Good Range of motion
4. Intact ligaments of knee
5. Correctable deformity.